Shamelessly natural period care
It was the winter of 2013 and besties Tara & Susan were having a classic bathroom chat in between classes at university. Susan was daydreaming about starting a business together – Tara wondered why she couldn’t find organic tampons anywhere. Loads of research later, Here We Flo was born, and in 2017 they were able to launch their business: Making products that inspire people to feel crazy confident and empowered about life messiest bodily moments:
Flo for period care. Glo for bladder care. And XO! for sex care.
What makes Here We Flo products sustainable?
Here We Flo aim to be as sustainable & accessible as possible, whilst also providing great quality products that do their job. This includes:
- All packaging is either compostable or recyclable. For example, FLO Non-Applicator Tampons, Bamboo Pads and Bamboo Liners and the glo Bamboo Pads and Liners are all wrapped in 100% compostable bioplastic. Plus all outer packaging is FSC-certified and recyclable.
- The XO! eco-friendly condoms are made from natural and regenerated natural rubber latex and are certified CO2-neutral and made in a solar-powered factory.
- For all pads is used bamboo that is edge grown (meaning it doesn’t replace food crops) and certified by Oeko-Tex and Ecocert. Oeko-Tex deals with how the bamboo is processed, while Ecocert is organic certification and regulates how the bamboo is grown.
- Tampons and pads include no fragrances, no dyes, no allergens or harsh chemicals like chlorine bleach. Nothing but natural goodness in our products!
- All products are vegan + cruelty-free certified by PETA and The Vegetarian Society.
- FLO organic cotton non-applicator tampons are (as we know) the most sustainable single-use tampon on the market and 100% plastic-free (including the compostable wrappers)
- Here We Flo use gender-inclusive language in all communications and packaging.
Read more about each product from the links below.
Netflix corporation & giving back
Do you watch the popular series at Nexflix called ‘Sex Education’? Here We Flo have teamed up with the popular show and introduce Period Undies in a collaboration. In 2021-22 some products will be marketed with the Netflix and Sex Education logo.
Here We Flo donate 5% of profits to Orchid Project who are fighting against Female Genital Cutting (also known as FGM) and Bloody Good Period, who provide menstrual products to those who can’t afford them.
Maistic is official distributor of Here We Flo products in most of European mainland countries and other parts of the world. Please contact us for more information at email@example.com
Photo: SEX EDUCATION: ©/™ Netflix. Used with permission