MAISTIC home compostable food bags
Made from plant residues
Our new 2. GEN compostable food bag is based on the second generation bio-plast PHA type produced from plant residues in food production. Recidues that would otherwise be treated as waste and burned or otherwise disposed of. Now we use it as a raw material in an everyday consumer good.
2.GEN – also good for the health
Our food bags are certified compostable meaning that they are fully bio-degradable in your own suited compost bin with the right right conditions like e.g. temperature.
Maistic Food Bags doesn’t contain phthalates, Bisphenol-A, F, or S, nor other harmful chemicals or plasticisers used in traditional plastics – simply because of the OK Compost Home certifications, that doesn’t allow plastic and their chemicals. Why?
Because the certification standard describes what is allowed in compost for our fields and gardens – and those chemicals doesn’t belong out there.
The bag material is meant to decompose at a certian time to make rich soil, not damage the soil. It’s part of an organic lifestyle, really, and good for the environment and your health! All Maistic bags are approved for food contact.
The bag material
You’ll find our bags strong and elastic. It’s because of the second generation PHA bio-plast type. The bag is also rather thin. Internal tests have shown that the bag is fully capable of storaging most widely used things or goods. It’s (also) a question about optimal use of resources – then it’s better to use two bags if and when the need arises.
Bag in boxes with date
The food bags comes in a box which makes it easy to find the right bag from the kitchen drawer. The box is marked with a ‘use before’ date as the compostable bag has a natural shelf life of 1 year.
The Maistic food bags are suitable for cold storage, freezing and storage at room temperature in general.
Maistic 2.GEN food bags are available in three sizes – please see top right of this page.Maistic signature bags for your home and shopping has the highest environmental certification for packing in Europe:
OK Compost HOME
The most significant claims for the OK Compost HOME label are:
- The material must be degradable into water, CO2 and biomass
- The bio-degradability is tested through claims set by EU compost legislation. The testing for HOME-certification is done in a controlled environment similar to a well maintained home composting environment with food scraps within time limits and temperature limits - for HOME it is 20 C.
- There are high claims to contents of the material - higher limits than if the bags were 'just' approved for contacts with food. This means that the bags from Maistic are produced without using phthalates, BPA and other bisphenoles, heavy metals etc.
- The last claim is the reason why the other claims are so high and says: The composted biomass may not harm nature when used as fertilizer, but must strengthen the soil.
At MAISTIC we believe that all plastics should comply to the claims of the label OK Compost HOME. That is why we have a whole range of different bags on the market so you can take good care of yourself, your loved ones and the environment – everyday and in many situations.
Maistic OK Compost HOME-certified bags are available in several varieties:
- Food bags
- 1 liter/0,3 gallon - 40 pcs/roll. NEW Dec.2018
- 2 liter/0.5 gallon - 30 pcs/roll
- 4 liter/1 gallon - 20 pcs/roll
- 8 liter/2 gallons - 12 pcs/roll
- Waste bags
- 20 liter/4.4 gallons - 14 pcs/roll
- 30 liter/6.6 gallons - 10 pcs/roll
- Dog bags
- Small-Medium Dogs - 30 pcs. NEW Dec.2018
- Medium-Large Dogs - 25 pcs. NEW Dec.2018
THE NEW ECOLOGICAL WAVE
It takes thousands of years for traditional petro based plastic to degrade and it can contain chemical substances that are damaging for nature, animals and you.
All products from MAISTIC® are certified compostable and are free of chemicals such as phthalates, bisphenoles and heavy metals. That is why it makes good sense to use MAISTIC for wrapping up food instead of plastic - to you at home, at restaurants and in the food industry. It looks like plastic - but it is MAISTIC
Food bags and other certified bags from Maistic for your home, kitchen and waste are accessable in a growing number of supermarkets, stores and webshops.
Unfortunately you will not always find all types of bags at the same shop.
You are always welcome tocontact us for nearest retail or webshop.
You can also follow us in LinkedIn and Instagram for latest news and new places to buy our products.