The All Purpose Cellulose Sponge
– for kitchen, bathroom, windows – and yourself
100% plasticfree, bio-based and resusable.
The sponge for anything that needs to be cleaned – a genuine All Purpose Sponge
The Maistic All Purpose Sponge is thin (9 mm) and sized perfect for the hand – two features making it a perfect mix of a cloth and a sponge with all of the two product features.
And yes – of course you can wash it. Pure cellulose sponges can go into the dishwasher glass drawer – putting it in the washing machine will shorten its lifetime.
Our All Purpose Sponge is very useful or your household cleaning, particularly suitable for cleaning windows, mirrors and other smooth surfaces – not leaving leftover material as plastic sponges and cloths would. Also the sponge will not leave marks but leave the surface drier than plastic shonges and most cloths.
And it absorbes dust and fluff on its way.
If you use sponges for your personal care and bathing your children, try the All Purpose Cellulose Sponge for this too. It is soft and very appropriate for those purposes too.
Are you in need of a make-up sponge? Find the scissor and cut All Purpose Cellulose Sponge into smaller pieces. Now you will have supplies for a long time.
All MAISTIC sponges are made of wood-based cellulose. They are nice and soft, fully bio-based and plasticfree. Can all be reused as they are washable in dishwasher top glass drawer.
Microplastic free alternatives is recommended in all places with direct waterway contact through sewers and when clenaing in nature, as all plastic cleaning products creates microplastic and nanoplastics when used and washed = equals fish food…
Are you in need of a make-up sponge? Find a scissor and cut All Purpose Cellulose Sponge into 4-6 pieces. Now you will have supplies for a long time.
Put it in the tray for glasses in the dishwasher. Dry sponges standing. The sponge can then be used again. Alternatively the sponge can be rinsed with boiling water. Do not tumble dry Maistic sponges.
MAISTIC All Purspose Cellulose Sponge
Sponge is made of natural cellulose from wood fibers – nothing else.
Measurements 16 x 11 cm.
Retail packing: Printed paper wrap.
Languages on retail packing: English. Danish. Dutch.Available with English and Dutch packing text.
Product for supermarkets, eco shops, webshops and wholesellers – ask us for shop near you.
MAISTIC All Purpose Cloths – Microplastic Free
100pcs with print in 4 colors
For businesses, wholesale and bulk shops 5psc-pack.
Available for private label
Why plastic free cleaning?
Greenwashing of sponges, cloths and other cleaning supplies is sadly quite widespread. Here are some examples to be aware of:
- Recycled plastic is plastic too. Sponges with a scouring part made of recycled plastic, e.g. from ocean picked up PET-bottles, is as big a microplastic and nanoplastic polluter as the cheap plastic sponges. Even though they are sold labelled ‘Eco’. Recycled plastic does absolutely no good in the prevention of plastic pollution.
- There are no labels or certifications ensuring No Plastic in cleaning products. E.g. plastic is allowed in cleaning supplies from The Nordic Ecolabel, Ecolabel etc.
- Microfiber cloths are made of 100% polyester. The woven material is firm, but still looses microfibres when used and washed. When microfiber cloths are called ‘eco friendly’ it is exclusively because these cloth types can do some of cleaning soap free.
- Natural cellulose are in some countries or cities allowed in the organic waste bin. You should ask locally to be sure.
- Remember: Biodegradable is NEVER the same as compostable. The term biodegradable is not based on a safe standard like EN13432 or ASTM standards. Biodegradable is just a term, and you should never put a product labeled biodegradable in your compost og organic waste bin. Time and what product is made of and becomes is not included in the biodegradable term, which is why some – including Maistic – are working to legally stop using the term on products.
- Only use the term compostable, if the supplier does AND if you see a legit and official compostable mark on the product – if not there, do never compost.
As manufactorers our responsibility is global. We create jobs, reduce CO2 and increase the general knowlegde about the environment. We only name products with compostable certification if they really are compostable. Then the documentation is in place.
The bio plastic industry is in rapid developement these years. New raw materials with new assets get accessible all the time. Because MAISTIC has a large number of collaborators our possibilies are nearly endless.
Are you worried about the price on the products at MAISTIC? We understand that. But let us give it a shot- Most often our customers are positively surprised - also on our price on redesign. Do you want to get surprised?
We are not driven by the art of limitation. We are curious. And ambitious on the behalf of our customers and collaborators. We want to do our best. For you. You are our ambassadeur - today and again tomorrow
THE NEW ECOLOGICAL WAVE
It takes thousands of years for traditional petro based plastic to degrade and it can contain chemical substances that are damaging for nature, animals and you.
All products from MAISTIC® are certified compostable and are free of chemicals such as phthalates, bisphenoles and heavy metals. That is why it makes good sense to use MAISTIC for wrapping up food instead of plastic - to you at home, at restaurants and in the food industry. It looks like plastic - but it is MAISTIC