We are on a
Plastic pollution, microplastic and plastic additives and harsh chemistry migrating to our food through packaging… Those are the reasons for Maistic to be fully dedicated to the development and production of PLASTIC FREE. The world needs to know and to have easy inexpensive access to alternatives to the plastic harming nature, oceans, our kids and our ourselves. We call these alternatives MAISTIC®.
What we do
Every single day media, scientists and NGOs from all over the world tell us that traditional plastics cause problems. You might know reports like these:
- There will be more plastic in the ocean in year 2050 than fish.
- WHO launches health review after microplastics found in 90% of bottled water.
- Hormone disruptive chemicals is absorbed by microplastic and eaten by shellfish and clams.
- and here some plastic statistics.
This is why we founded Maistic Bio Group. We want to give people, businesses, food producers – basically EVERYBODY – alternatives to the traditional plastic products and packaging.
We sell worldwide
Maistic is specialized in and dedicated to:
1) Certified compostable bioplastic and other materials that can be certified compostable
2) Plastic free and microplastic free alternatives to typical plastic products for consumers, retail, HORECA, food producers, take away etc.
Maistic Bio Group started i 2015 as a family-owned company, which we also are today. We are also co-funded by the The Danish Growth Fund, a national state investment fund, which enables us to sell to large retailers, distributors etc.
Maistic sell +20 retailpacked plastic free products under the Maistic brand in 9 countries – and counting. Our products are sold mainly in everyday supermarkets and eco-focused supermarkets, retailers and webshops. We sell directly from our warehouses or through wholesellers and distributors.
On top of this we offer packaging solutions, home compostable shopping bags, waste bags for municipal, cutlery/plates/cups etc.
And No – we do not sell ordinary plastics. We work for Less Plastic in this World.
Our brand ‘MAISTIC’ is based on two words: Maïze (corn) + Plastic = Maistic
MAISTIC sell worldwide
‘Maistic – for less plastic in this world’ is our respected brand among consumers. It includes a large range of products for retail and HORECA. For example:
- All types of bags. For garbage, garden waste, dog poop and of course for your food – all in retail packagings. For industrial packaging of foods and other products, we have compostable solutions too – including courier bags for webshops. All Maistic bags are certified either OK Compost or OK Compost HOME.
- Grocery bags. Stop plastic – start certified HOME compostable bag in your stores. Maistic produce for one/few times use – printed and shaped almost as you dream of. As for reusable, multiple use, we also have solutions, e.g. our compostable nonvoven bags – worlds first Generation 4.0 bag. Or different kinds of mesh bags for fruits, vegetables etc. Ask us for options fulfilling your needs.
- Take away. Almost all take away containers, cutlery etc can be certified compostable. Including containers for salat, sandwich, burgers, sushi etc. Different materials for most purposes – all is compostable.
- Cutlery, cups, plates, glasses, napkins, table cloth etc. It comes in different materials and price segments. E.g. ask for Maistic full assortment in wheatstraw for single use – true organic look and feel.
- Custom made compostable packaging. For food industry and shop. E.g. for bread, juices, cakes, fruit and vegetables, meat, coffee, nuts and much more.
- Toxic free and compostable paper products. For food wrap, pizza, cakes etc. is also available. Also ask for wheat straw paper assortments, our tree free solution.
- All food containers, lunch boxes and drinking bottles for our kids and the family should be in certified compostable bioplastics, as these show impressive non-toxic results in migration tests. Ask us for information and options.
- Microplastic free product lines. Maistic also provide a range of cloths, sponges and textiles labelled MICROPLASTIC FREE, as the traditional plastic content, often polyester, is replaced with alternative material, that is non-plastic and proven degradable.
- Resin and raw material. Do you need compostable raw material for special needs? Ask us. Our bioplastic engineers are here for you too.
Private label requests are welcome.
Our goal is for you to know about the many alternatives to the traditional plastic ruining our planet, killing animals big and small, and goes into human food stream as microplastic.
All in all.
MAISTIC provide products and knowledge. To consumers, municipal and state, retail, wholesellers, food production industry, NGO’s, decisionsmakers in companies and politicians.
Our goal is not just being a delivery guy. We will be your partner. Every time. The innovative partner, that will go far to find the best solutions for your needs.
Follow us on www.maistic.com, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, LinkedIn, in our newsletters.
And in the media.
We insist on using our voice and knowledge for the good of mankind – plastic pollution, microplastics and harmfull chemistry in plastics are too important not to fight. It is our duty to tell you the things, what the traditional plastic industry does NOT tell you.
We allow ourselves to have an opinion. An opinion, that there are products, materials, chemistry and additives, that we will never sell. There should be no doubt, that MAISTIC® is good quality. And that we work for making it even better.
Do you want to know more? Contact us now
Brian Bouet Smith - CEO and founder
The man you meet. The one with the contacts, prices, knowledge of resins and 20 years experience in what he does best: Entrepreneurship and fine, earnest business
Heidi von Bülow - CCO and founder
The woman you meet. The spokesperson, lobbyist, communicator and the one to tie the project knots tight. And sometimes say no, no, no. As usual…
Assign to our newsletter
Whether you are assigning our newsletter as private person, business or food producer
looking for options for new packaging options for your produce, it is our aim to give you
news you can use from Maistics world of certified compostable bioplastics and
microplastic free alternatives. Our newsletter will give you:
- Input on new products, possibilities and campaigns
- News regarding new areas and shops where you can buy Maistic products
- News on plastic pollution and what is done to change this important environmental issue
- Special offers on Maistic products – and much more
You will receive the newsletter approximately once a month.